Ever took forever finding a good book? Well with a little help from my great book Daring Book For GirlsI have created a great list to help you out!
- The Secret Garden, by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Charlotte’s Web, by E.L. Konigsburg
- Harriet the Spy, by Louise Fitzhugh
- Pippi Longstocking, by Astrid Lindgren
- The Little Princess, by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Alice’s Adventures In Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll
- All of the Rick Riordan books(READ IN ORDER!!!)
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz Frank Baum
- The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster. Yes, another boy-hero-rescues-the-princess plot(though here the princesses are Rhyme and Reason), but a great book nonetheless
- Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers
WAIT A FEW YEARS BOOKS
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- A Tree Grows In Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
- Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe(If you are really itching to read it but can’t understand a word then try Island of the Blue Dolphins, instead it is with a female and is clearer
When our parents were kids and got bored, our grandparents would say, “Go read the dictionary!” They did and look where they are now. One should never underestimate the pleasure to be found flipping through a dictionary, an encyclopedia, or an old science book.
That’s All Folks, See Ya!